Celebrating Women Leading the Way in Aviation
Welcome to our nominations/applications page, where we invite you to shine the spotlight on remarkable women who are shaping the future of aviation through commitment and leadership. This year, our theme is focused on the sustainability of aviation. As we know, the aviation industry has been facing massive employment shortages over the recent years. For us, sustainability not only means environmental responsibility, but also fostering an environment where employees thrive, attracting and training people to work in aviation, reducing turnover, and addressing employment gaps to ensure our industry’s longevity.
Do you know a woman who demonstrates leadership, innovation, and a commitment to the sustainability of the aviation industry? Nominate them now (or apply for yourself!) and join us in celebrating the people who are paving the way for a resilient and thriving future in aviation.
Nominations open: January 2, 2024
Nominations close: February 15, 2024 11:59pm
Each year we open applications and nominations in search of inspirational women in aviation. After a difficult selection process, eight women are chosen and we kick things off by spending a weekend together, sharing stories, and getting to know one another. This is an opportunity to build life-long friendships and networks of support across various areas of the aviation industry.
If selected, you will be required to travel to Edmonton, AB twice in 2024. First, May 24 – 26 for a photo shoot and video interview, and again on October 18 – 20, 2024 for the Inspire gala.
Who Can Apply?
If you, or someone you know, is making a difference in the sustainability of the aviation industry, we want to hear about it!
The ideal applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Woman identifying
- Employed in aviation
- Lives in Canada
- Has a unique job or inspiring story to share
- Eager to get to know other women in the aviation industry
- Passionate about helping women thrive and succeed through careers in aviation
- Making a difference in the sustainability of aviation
Remember, there are only 8 spots available each year so if you’ve applied or nominated someone before, PLEASE try again!
Note that to nominate someone you first must tell them and make sure they are able to commit.
The Selection Process
This is the toughest part of the year for our selection committee! Some things we look for are:
- Women who come from a variety of companies
- Diverse backgrounds
- A willingness and commitment to be featured on social media and at our gala
- Age variation: At least 18 years of age, but no age limit!
- Women who are willing to share their story, whether it be about their passion for their career, an influential family member who never gave up on them, their story of overcoming obstacles, etc. Everyone has a story and we want to hear it!
- Someone who is looking to get involved with Elevate Aviation for future events such as speaking engagements, volunteering at events, or mentoring those who are new to aviation
Nominations for our 2024 Inspire gala are now closed, thank you for your submissions!