Applications and Nominations are Now Open for Inspire 2022!
Each year we host an aviation-themed gala called Inspire. Inspire has two main purposes:
- Raise funds for our national programs, including mentorship, bursaries, tours and the Elevate Aviation Learning Centre; and
- Showcase the careers and stories of eight women in the aviation industry through short video profiles. Everyone has a story!
Providing a platform of support for women in the industry.
Each year we open applications and nominations in search of inspirational women in aviation. After a difficult selection process, the eight women are notified and we kick things off by spending a weekend together, sharing stories, getting pampered, and relaxing. This is an opportunity to build life-long friendships and networks of support across various positions throughout the industry.
If selected, you will be required to travel to Edmonton, AB twice in 2022. First, April 2-3 for a photo shoot and video interview, and again on October 1 for the Inspire gala.
Who Can Apply?
If you, or someone you know, will inspire the future generation, we want to hear about it!
The ideal applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Be a woman employed in aviation
- Lives in Canada
- Has a unique job or inspiring story to share
- Eager to get to know other women in the aviation industry
- Believes that more women should consider a career in aviation
- Are passionate about helping women thrive and succeed
Remember, there are only 8 spots available each year so if you’ve applied or nominated someone before, PLEASE try again!
Note that to nominate someone you first must tell them and make sure they are able to commit.
The Selection Process
This is the toughest part of the year for our selection committee! Some things we look for are:
- Ladies who come from a variety of companies
- Diverse backgrounds
- A willingness and commitment to be featured on social media and at our gala
- Age variation: At least 18 years of age, but no age limit!
- Women who are willing to share their story, whether it be about their passion for their career, an influential family member who never gave up on them, the story of overcoming obstacles, etc. Everyone has a story and we want to hear it!
- Someone who is willing to get outside their comfort zone for a photo shoot
- Someone who is looking to get involved with Elevate Aviation for future events such as speaking engagements, volunteering at events, or mentoring those new to aviation
Part of the application form includes uploading a submission file. This helps us learn more about you or the person you are nominating. You can upload a picture collage, a video, an essay, whatever you’d like. Be creative!
Application period closes at 11:59pm Mountain Time on February 14, 2022.