Each year we host an aviation-themed gala called Inspire. Inspire has two main purposes:
- Raise funds for our national programs, including mentorship, bursaries, tours and the Elevate Aviation Learning Centre; and
- Showcase the careers and stories of eight women in the aviation industry through short video profiles. Everyone has a story!
This year we are doing something a little bit different! The 2023 Inspire gala is all about the FUTURE and we are looking for 8 women to feature who are advancing the future of aviation.
What does that mean exactly? These are some examples of what we are looking for:
- women in careers that are changing the future of aviation (drones, new technology, etc)
- women working on innovative ideas in aviation (aerospace, improving greenhouse gas emissions in aviation, etc)
- women who are up and coming superstars in the aviation industry
Providing a platform of support for women in the industry.
Each year we open applications and nominations in search of inspirational women in aviation. After a difficult selection process, eight women are chosen and we kick things off by spending a weekend together, sharing stories, and getting to know one another. This is an opportunity to build life-long friendships and networks of support across various areas of the aviation industry.
If selected, you will be required to travel to Edmonton, AB twice in 2023. First, in spring 2023 (May 26-28) for a photo shoot and video interview, and again on October 13-15, 2023 for the Inspire gala.
The women we feature quickly become a part of the Elevate Aviation family and join our cause of helping women thrive and succeed through careers in aviation.
Who Can Apply?
If you, or someone you know, will inspire the future generation, we want to hear about it!
The ideal applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Woman identifying
- Employed in aviation
- Lives in Canada
- Has a unique job or inspiring story to share
- Eager to get to know other women in the aviation industry
- Are passionate about helping women thrive and succeed through careers in aviation
- Making a difference in the future of aviation
Remember, there are only 8 spots available each year so if you’ve applied or nominated someone before, PLEASE try again!
Note that to nominate someone you first must tell them and make sure they are able to commit.
The Selection Process
This is the toughest part of the year for our selection committee! Some things we look for are:
- Women who come from a variety of companies
- Diverse backgrounds
- A willingness and commitment to be featured on social media and at our gala
- Age variation: At least 18 years of age, but no age limit!
- Women who are willing to share their story, whether it be about their passion for their career, an influential family member who never gave up on them, the story of overcoming obstacles, etc. Everyone has a story and we want to hear it!
- Someone who is looking to get involved with Elevate Aviation for future events such as speaking engagements, volunteering at events, or mentoring those new to aviation
Applications for 2023 are now closed.